Your wedding day is one of the most special and memorable occasions of your life. It’s a day when every detail matters, from the dress you wear to the jewelry you choose. Wedding day jewelry not only enhances your bridal look but also holds sentimental value that can last a lifetime. With so many options available, selecting the perfect pieces can be overwhelming. To help you make the right choices and shine on your big day, we’ve put together this comprehensive guide on how to choose your wedding day jewelry.
Consider Your Dress
Before you start shopping for jewelry, it’s crucial to have a clear idea of your wedding dress. The neckline, fabric, and overall style of your gown will influence your jewelry choices.
- Neckline: For a dress with a high neckline, like a bateau or turtleneck, consider statement earrings or a stunning bracelet. A V-neck or sweetheart neckline allows for a delicate pendant necklace that complements the neckline’s shape.
- Fabric: If your dress is adorned with lace, pearls, or intricate details, opt for jewelry that complements these elements. For example, if your gown features lace, pearl earrings or a bracelet with lace-inspired designs can be a perfect match.
- Style: Consider the overall style of your dress. If it’s a vintage-inspired gown, you may want to go for classic and timeless jewelry pieces like pearls or antique-style accessories. Modern, sleek dresses can be paired with contemporary and minimalist jewelry.
Match Your Metals
Choosing the right metal for your wedding day jewelry is essential to create a cohesive and harmonious look.
- Silver: Silver jewelry from Evry Jewels pairs well with cool-toned dresses, such as whites and ivories. It can also complement white gold or platinum engagement rings.
- Gold: Gold jewelry, available in various shades like yellow, rose, and white gold, suits warm-toned dresses. Consider matching the shade of gold to your dress for a polished appearance.
- Rose Gold: Rose gold adds a romantic and feminine touch to your wedding ensemble. It complements blush or champagne-colored gowns beautifully.
- Mixed Metals: Don’t be afraid to mix metals if you have a two-toned dress or want to incorporate family heirlooms with sentimental value. Just ensure the combination looks intentional and harmonious.
Balance and Proportion
When choosing wedding day jewelry, it’s essential to strike a balance and maintain proportion. Here are some guidelines:
- Earrings: The size of your earrings should complement the shape and style of your dress. For a simple, sleek gown, you can go bold with statement earrings. If your dress is already elaborate, opt for understated studs or dainty drops.
- Necklaces: Choose the length of your necklace based on your dress neckline. A choker or short necklace works well with a strapless or sweetheart neckline, while a longer pendant necklace complements a V-neck or scoop neck dress.
- Bracelets: Your bracelet should not compete with your engagement ring or other jewelry. If you have an intricate ring, opt for a delicate bracelet or skip it altogether.
Incorporate Sentimental Value
Wedding day jewelry can be more than just accessories; they can also hold sentimental value. Consider incorporating heirloom pieces passed down through generations, such as your grandmother’s pearls or your mother’s diamond earrings. Wearing these cherished items can add a special touch to your wedding day and create a beautiful connection to your family’s history.
Choose Quality Over Quantity
When selecting your wedding day jewelry, remember that quality is more important than quantity. Invest in pieces that are well-crafted and made from durable materials. High-quality jewelry will not only look stunning on your wedding day but will also last for years to come as cherished keepsakes.
Coordinate with Your Bridal Party
Coordinate your jewelry choices with your bridal party to ensure a cohesive and stylish look. While your jewelry should stand out as the bride, it’s essential to create a harmonious overall appearance. Consider gifting your bridesmaids with matching jewelry sets as a token of appreciation and a way to bond over the wedding experience.
Be Mindful of Your Hairstyle
Your hairstyle plays a significant role in how your jewelry will be displayed. If you plan to wear your hair up, consider statement earrings that will catch the eye. For down hairstyles, focus on necklaces or bracelets that will complement your overall look without getting tangled in your locks.
Try Before You Buy
Before making any final decisions, be sure to try on your jewelry with your wedding dress. This will give you a better idea of how the pieces look together and allow you to make any necessary adjustments. It’s also an excellent opportunity to see how comfortable the jewelry feels, as you’ll be wearing it throughout the day and into the evening.
In conclusion, choosing the perfect wedding day jewelry is a significant part of creating your dream bridal look. By considering your dress, matching your metals, balancing proportion, incorporating sentimental value, choosing quality, coordinating with your bridal party, being mindful of your hairstyle, trying before you buy, and staying true to your style, you can confidently select jewelry that will not only make you shine on your big day but also become treasured keepsakes of your wedding memories.